About Me

My photo
Steamboat Springs, Colorado, United States
My name is Nicole. I have been married to David for 12 years. I have 3 AWESOME kids - Brandon, 16, Gabby, 11, and Dawson, 5. We like to ride bikes, watch movies, play games and go camping as a family. In my free time (yeah, like what is that???) I like to read books - mostly Christian Fiction, take pictures, travel and spend time with kids and hubby.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lots going on....

What a year this is going to be. This is the year of marriages and births. Both of my brother's are going to have babies this year in April. I have friends getting married in May and October. Both Dave and I have cousins getting married in May and July. Whew... when it rains it pours!

So with all of these babies and weddings comes the showers. Oh yeah and I forgot to mention that one of the weddings will probably cost me around $500 to $600 becuase I am a Bridesmaid, Gabby is a Junior Bridesmaid and Dawson will be the Ring Bearer.

With all of this going on in our lives, I want to go on vacation this year, too. We (the family) haven't been on a vacation since 2007 when we went to Gulf Shores. We did go to Branson in 2008 but my grandma June had died the week before and it realy wasn't that much fun. Actually, I really hate Branson now b/c it really sucked and we spent a lot of money for nothing.

I really want to go to Florida this year, but I am not sure if that will be possible this year. Any suggestions on places to go with the family that won't break the bank? I was looking into Destin, FL. It is so pretty. I thought about driving and taking a little over a week. Maybe staying in a condo near the beach with a full kitchen. That would cut down on some of the expense if we can buy groceries and cook.

I don't know...does anyone else know of some great places?? Beach preferred.
Thanks!

1 comment:

The Baker's said...

I don't know of any weddings I have to go to, but there are a bazillion people preggars. I have seriously lost count. There were 9at church alone, & that doesn't count Casey, Shannon, & Britt.
I just thought Destin was okay. At it's really far - 14 1/2 hours.
I say go camp at GS again! We are going to try & go to, but either late June or sometime July. It depends on funds/work. Wanna camp on my bday?