About Me

My photo
Steamboat Springs, Colorado, United States
My name is Nicole. I have been married to David for 12 years. I have 3 AWESOME kids - Brandon, 16, Gabby, 11, and Dawson, 5. We like to ride bikes, watch movies, play games and go camping as a family. In my free time (yeah, like what is that???) I like to read books - mostly Christian Fiction, take pictures, travel and spend time with kids and hubby.

Monday, December 7, 2009

NOT ME MONDAY

Welcome to Not Me! Monday!

Ok, so this past week was eventful to say the least...

I didn't go shopping on Thursday and make all of my kids go with me b/c thier father was at work, so I could get an outfit/dress for the work Christmas party. My 14 year old didn't call me a jerk 3 times while going into the mall b/c he didn't want to go with us and wanted to go home to do homework and study for 2 tests. I, then, didn't make him watch the 4 year old while I was in the dressing room off and on for over an hour. I didn't hear him huffing and puffing and whining to me that he needed to get home for that hour either. I didn't want to smack him right in the middle of the store and not care that anyone seen or heard me. I didn't take my sweet time just to make him miserable - even more - and then not feel guilty later for doing it. :-) I then didn't hear my 4 year old say to me, "hey momma, is that a fat dress?" b/c he hears me say that I am wearing fat clothes. I then didn't put all of the dresses back and go with black pants and a nice top instead...

I didn't find out the next day that he didn't even have his books to "study" for his tests...that he so desperatly needed to get home the night before to do... uh huh! He didn't come out to the truck when I was taking him down to the bus with NO BOOKBAG!!!! HELLO!!!

I also didn't, seriously,overbook my Saturday with the morning consisting of family pictures, and the afternoon of baking cookies with the Tucker girls and then going to my work Christmas party that evening. I didn't nearly want to choke both of my boys, the 4 year old and the 14 year old while trying to do family pictures. They didn't jut stand there while we are taking pictures and not smile or not look at the camera. I didn't try and bribe my kids with anything and everything just to try and get a nice picture for our Christmas card. I didn't even go to the extreme of almost grounding the 14 year old and taking the 4 year old out in the garage so the other family members wouldn't hear me scold him. Although, they smiled finally when we got back inside - I didn't feel really guilty for doing that to them. I am not such a mean mom... I, then, didn't go to my work Christmas party, after baking cookies all day, and dance ALLLLLLL NIGHT LONG...with most of the people watching and making fun of the "dancers / partiers". I also didn't stay up until 3 a.m. thinking that I am 20 again, to then only get 4-5 hours of sleep on Saturday night and then again, on Sunday.

I didn't invite friends over for lunch for my husband to leave to go to work on Sunday. Then I didn't allow my friend to organize my refrigerator by taking out all of the contents, throwing stuff out and wiping it down. I didn't allow her and her family to see my unbelievably messy home especially with her being so tidy and organzied all of the time... I then didn't think about cleaning, to then no touch my messy house b/c I was too tired from the night before of dancing...

So that is it for my crazy week last week...let me know how yours went.
Nic

No comments: