About Me

My photo
Steamboat Springs, Colorado, United States
My name is Nicole. I have been married to David for 12 years. I have 3 AWESOME kids - Brandon, 16, Gabby, 11, and Dawson, 5. We like to ride bikes, watch movies, play games and go camping as a family. In my free time (yeah, like what is that???) I like to read books - mostly Christian Fiction, take pictures, travel and spend time with kids and hubby.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Oh my....so much has happened!!!

My BF April (so, I totally do not know how to link her blog here like she does with me...) has been posting about us and our new house. I haven't been updating this blog, due to time constaints. So I am updating for you April!!! Love ya!!

Wow - we have been busy!

Since I last posted:
  1. We put a contract on a house, which was accepted.

  2. The kids finished school and started summer break.

  3. We had a Memorial Day Party at our old house - our last one there (tear...). That was our 4th and final one. I guess we can assume the tradition here. Not sure how that will work though.

  4. I have had 3 more classes at school with 2 of them at the same time.

  5. We packed (ok, so not really me - it was more like my poor hubby and kids) our whole entire house. With 3 kids - that is kind of rediculous!

  6. Gabby has played a ton of softball games....ugh...it has been HOT!

  7. We moved into the new house - 2 days of moving!

  8. We had Brandon's family b/day party at the new house - one week after we moved.

  9. We celebrated the 4th of July.

So, I am thinking about all that has happened and it occurs to me that my "baby" turned 14. That means only 2 months until he goes to High School, 1 year before he is able to start learning how to drive, 2 years before he can get a driver's license, 4 years and he graduates and goes off to college. That seems so bizarre by any stretch, because I feel like it isn't even possible. He is taller than me now, he is turning into a young man with manners and he is really handsome, if I say so myself!



When I think back over the years, back to when it was just the 2 of us (before Dave came into our lives). I remember some fun times and some scary times for me. Dom and I lived together to help each other out. Her and Scott were going through a divorce, Brett (the sperm donor) and I were on bad terms, I didn't have a stable job or a stable environment for him. But we all stuck together and made it. My dad was here back then and my beloved Grandma June. I miss them so.

Happy 14th Birthday Brandon!

No comments: