About Me

My photo
Steamboat Springs, Colorado, United States
My name is Nicole. I have been married to David for 12 years. I have 3 AWESOME kids - Brandon, 16, Gabby, 11, and Dawson, 5. We like to ride bikes, watch movies, play games and go camping as a family. In my free time (yeah, like what is that???) I like to read books - mostly Christian Fiction, take pictures, travel and spend time with kids and hubby.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

We are the Transplants...

Yes, that is me and my family...  We have been plucked out of St. Louis, our home and the place we LOVE, and transplanted in Steamboat Springs, CO.  Steamboat, ah yes, such a beautiful place.  Has anyone ever told you - it is cold here.  Has anyone ever told you - they had like over 450 inches of snow last year.  Has anyone ever told you about their "champagne powder" snow.   It apparently is the most AMAZING, the most WONDERFUL, place to ski.  Well, we don't ski. LOL.  So, that is kinda crazy to move to a place where they do nothing but snowboard and snowski and you do NONE of it.  LOL! 

Transplants R US...  That is what we need to be called.  Because, apparently, when you are not native of Colorado - all of the natives can tell.  I have been told I stick out like a sore thumb.  Hmmm?  Is it because I am not a "tiny" person and most of all people here are like super athletic with running, biking, hiking, swimming, exercising, etc....  Or is it because I am nice?  Hmmm?  Maybe it is because I can actually park in a parking space at City Market or Walmart and I make it in between the lines??  That must be it!!!  No, I know...  It is because, I do NOT drive a Subaru.  I think every household here in Steamboat owns a Subaru - AWD!!!!  It is nuts!  I get the AWD - with the amount of snow around these here parts.  But I do NOT get why it has to be a Subaru.  Ugh, shoot me dead if I own a Subaru.  They are UGLY!!!!!  Oh, and don't forget those things on the tops of the Subaru's that hold skis and snow crap.  Ok, you got me...  THAT is why I stick out like a sore thumb...  I don't drive a Subaru with a thing on top for my snow crap!!!  LOL!

Transplants R US...  Gotta love us Midwesterners in the Mountains.

No comments: