About Me

My photo
Steamboat Springs, Colorado, United States
My name is Nicole. I have been married to David for 12 years. I have 3 AWESOME kids - Brandon, 16, Gabby, 11, and Dawson, 5. We like to ride bikes, watch movies, play games and go camping as a family. In my free time (yeah, like what is that???) I like to read books - mostly Christian Fiction, take pictures, travel and spend time with kids and hubby.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Interesting Info = Ecclesiastes...

Sooooo..... I was looking in my bible today and happened to come across some "good stuff" in Ecclesiastes. I know I have read this before, but you know how there are times when you just read something and don't get it??? And then, there are other times that you read something and you DO get it? Well, this was one of those moments for me....
Ecclesiastes 5:18-20 (msg)
"After looking at the way things are on Earth here is what I have decided is the best way to live: Take care of yourself, have a good time, and make the most of whatever job you have for as long as God gives you life. And that's about it. That's the human lot. Yes, we should make the most of what God gives, both the bounty and the capacity to enjoy it, accepting what is given and delightting in the work. It's God's GIFT!!! God deals out joy in the present, the NOW... It's usless to brood over how long we might live."
I look at that verse and think to myself that I need to step it up.... "Take care of yourself, have a good time, and make the most of whatever job you have for as long as God gives you life".... So many days, lately, I question why we are here in Steamboat. I cannot get a job to save our lives, making friends has been daunting, Dave is working a lot, the kids are off to school daily and all the while I am stressed over NOT having a job. I am not enjoying Steamboat. I am not enjoying my family. I am not enjoying this time I have to finally - Take Care of MYSELF.. To have a GOOD time... and to make the most out of whatever job I have.... Intersting. So many times I forget my J.O.B. is being a mom and a wife... To love on my family during this time that we still have together. Soon, my kids will be grown and out of the house. That is really soon for Brandon. He is already 16 years old and a junior in High School. He will be gone in a little over a year and a half. That is NOT a long time.
What about the bounty and capacity part? "Make the most of whatever God gives - both the bounty and the capacity to enjoy it!" Bounty means - and ABUNDANT SUPPLY!!! Capacity means - the maximum amount to receive or contain. That means if you read it again - that verse reads, "Yes, we should make the most of what God gives, both the ABUNDANT SUPPLY and the maximum amount to receive or contain that abundant supply - to ENJOY IT... TO ENJOY WHAT GOD GIVES US... People, that is good stuff!!!
What do you think, friends? Do you agree with this? Does this apply to you and your life? Think about it... We are who we are and who we are supposed to be. NOW...
Are we taking advantage of Gods goodness to it's fullest capacity??? Every part of God's goodness? Even the small stuff?

No comments: