About Me

My photo
Steamboat Springs, Colorado, United States
My name is Nicole. I have been married to David for 12 years. I have 3 AWESOME kids - Brandon, 16, Gabby, 11, and Dawson, 5. We like to ride bikes, watch movies, play games and go camping as a family. In my free time (yeah, like what is that???) I like to read books - mostly Christian Fiction, take pictures, travel and spend time with kids and hubby.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Being WEIRD....in a "normal" world....

The pastor at the local church we have been attending is preaching on a series about being weird in a "normal" or not so "normal" world. What do you think about that? I know that we are not supposed to follow the norm as Christians. But do we always do that? I know that I do not always do that... and that bothers me.

The "normal" takes the road most often taken or the road most often traveled. This road is the wide road of open and endless possibilities. Which could also mean - things that the "normal" peeps are saying or doing. They are following what others are believing to be GREATEST or THE BEST THING EVER... They are wanting the NEWEST gadgets... They are wanting the TRENDIEST clothes/shoes/accessories... They are wanting the most AWESOME car/SUV... They are wanting the NICEST house...to throw LAVISH and Crazy fun parties... AND - the normal person will do it ... even at the expense of putting their family in D E B T. That word DEBT is a HORRIBLE word... But why do us "normal" people do that to ourselves? It just doesn't make sense.?!>?#?@??

To contrast the WEIRD versus the "normal" peeps, I will give you and example of what a WEIRD person might do when wanting the latest and greatest or the trendiest or the nicest... They wait. They DON'T impulsively buy just to be buying... THEY WAIT. They don't run out when the newest I-phone comes out and it is marked up 300%.. THEY WAIT.

Here is my challenge my friends.... Try this week to do something WEIRD instead of "NORMAL"... Can you do it?

No comments: