About Me

My photo
Steamboat Springs, Colorado, United States
My name is Nicole. I have been married to David for 12 years. I have 3 AWESOME kids - Brandon, 16, Gabby, 11, and Dawson, 5. We like to ride bikes, watch movies, play games and go camping as a family. In my free time (yeah, like what is that???) I like to read books - mostly Christian Fiction, take pictures, travel and spend time with kids and hubby.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Going out of town.... oh yeah!

So, I will be going out of town this weekend, with my BFF, to a conference in Louisville, KY. I cannot wait to sit with friends having adult conversation, sipping coffee quietly in the morning, reading a book, shopping, swimming/hot tubbing, No - "mom this or mom that", No laundry, No cleaning, No fighting, No homework, No school crap!!! Just hearing great Christian music from Charles Billingsly, Michael W Smith and Steven Curtis Chapman, as well as, being open to what God is doing in my life right now and for my future.

The interesting thing is that Sarah Palin will be our speaker on Friday night. She will give her testimony and talk about her faith. Many people may not like her or maybe some do... but the thing is - she is in the political arena to stay. Even if you don't like it - I truly believe she will be a force to be acknowledged in the future in politics. With that being said, I want to know her testimony - aside from the political arena. I want to know how she truly feels about her faith and what she believes in. I really hope she doesn't get up there and just "blah blah blah" about all of the political crap or all of the stuff she has accomplished - because that is NOT why I want to hear her. I don't want to hear politics - I want to hear inspiration!

So, for all of you crazy's that get to stay in the Lou... HA HA sucka... We are almost outta here! :-))

No comments: