About Me

My photo
Steamboat Springs, Colorado, United States
My name is Nicole. I have been married to David for 12 years. I have 3 AWESOME kids - Brandon, 16, Gabby, 11, and Dawson, 5. We like to ride bikes, watch movies, play games and go camping as a family. In my free time (yeah, like what is that???) I like to read books - mostly Christian Fiction, take pictures, travel and spend time with kids and hubby.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thankful

Where did time go? It feels like just yesterday that I was basking outside in 80 degree weather, the trees were full of green, lush leaves and it was beautiful! Now you look around and the trees are stark and my mums are even dying. Where did the time go in between? Brandon was playing Football and now he is on to Basketball! Gabs was playing softball and having lots of practices but that is over until after the 1st of the year. Dawson has since gone from 3 to 4 years old and he acts crazier and crazier each and every day!

Don't look now because just around the corner is Thanksgiving and then all of the hussle and bussle of Christmas shopping and the RUSH of all of the holiday teas, parties, baking cookies and the family get-togethers!

So many people are putting what they are thankful for on Facebook each day. Every day I see new postings about healthy kids, candle-lit baths, husby's or wive's, shopping, jobs, roofs over their heads, their church, being saved, etc. I am definately THANKFUL for all of the blessings that have been put into my life including all of them mentioned above (minus the candle-lit baths - not really into them that much). When I asked the husby what he is thankful for he said, "This nice home" when I asked Brandon what he is thankful for he said, "Our house" and when I asked Gabs what she is thankful for she said "My family, food, a house, friends and a bunch of more stuff" and when I asked Dawson what he is thankful for he said, "My own DS" (which he doesn't have one so I guess that may be a hint for Christmas ... lol) and then he said , "Jaden, Heaver, Uncle Kevin, and Phaniel" and then I asked him if he was sure and that he didn't want to put anyone else on that list (like me or Daddy, or anyone else) and he said "NO" and he walked away! WHAT is up with that?!?!? LOL!!! You just never know what is going to come out of his mouth! :-) Nutty little kid!

So now I want to challenge all of my blog friends or my Facebook friends to tell me what they are thankful for!!!! Don't be shy! Just think about how many times we go through life and don't speak about what truly touches us.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I hope each of us will truly reflect on the many blessings that God has given us.

1 comment:

The Baker's said...

I am thankful for GREAT friends! Who keep me grounded & remind me whats important in life.
I am thankful for the little things.... even when they interrupt my schedule. I am thankful for each day the Lord gives me to be with friends & family. I could go on & on. I am so blessed....